Monday, April 20, 2009

Creative Cooking Ideas

First giving honor to God who is helping me through this fast, I have to share some interesting stories that have come across my desk thus far and I need the energy from everyone today.

Now the focus of this post is to help everyone know that we're in this fast together. For myself, I made the error of walking into McDonald's to buy a gift card and I had to skip out of there because of the sweet fragrance of the golden fries. Why did I place that pressure on myself is a question that I cannot answer at this time. On the other hand I have heard of some creative ideas such as juicing fruits and freezing juice to make freeze pops. Yet, the best of all has been warming up V-8 Tomato Juice plus salt and pepper to make tomato soup.

We have contrived some ingenious ideas, some more unique that others, but the underlying tone of the suggestions thus far have been to pray earnestly through the tough moments. So I would like to share a classic sermon today to equip us all. Enjoy.

CLICK on the link below to download the message.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/rhb17p

5 comments:

  1. ok I am going to try to heat up the tomato juice,I didn't think about that, I can drink dinner with my sister today. Yeah. Done the freezing and blending- JUICE I LOVE IT- it taste just like chicken, lol!!!

    Geneva B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really think that reading the Word has been most helpful to me. Last night, to keep my mind occupied, I just read and read and read until I fell asleep. An idle mind is the devil's playground, right? So I just try to keep my mind busy. This blog helps TREMENDOUSLY. Reading other people's comments as well as sharing my own has been so remarkable for me!

    I also found that just a few words from my partner really make a difference! The power of the tongue!!! amazing, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I drank a V-8 Fusion yesterday and I was good to go. My next meal was a V-8. It definately helps, but Prayer by far has pushed me through. Oh yeah and I happen to work with some encouraging members of the EBC Family and we keep each other going. Thanks D. Huffman and A. Jones...I just love my EBC Family!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have some food ideas, I plan on trying within the next 10days :)

    A: Three Bean Pasta
    1 lb. wheat pasta, uncooked
    1 15-oz. can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
    1 cup frozen green beans, thawed
    1 small red onion, chopped
    1 red bell pepper, chopped
    1 15-oz. can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
    3 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
    2 Tbsp. olive oil
    3 Tbsp. vinegar
    3 Tbsp. chopped parsley

    B: Chunky Vegetable Chile
    2 medium-sized sweet potatoes (or red potatoes), cubed
    ½ cup onion, chopped
    ½ cup yellow bell pepper, chopped
    1 Tbsp. chile powder
    1 tsp. ground cumin
    1 28-oz. can tomatoes, undrained
    1 15-oz. can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
    1 15-oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
    1 8-oz. can tomato sauce
    1 cup zucchini, cubed

    TATA
    Geneva B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have a juicer and it served us well during the 100% water & juice days. Thanks God, I'm a veggie lover so this last stretch should be easy...except for the no dessert part...lol

    -serita

    ReplyDelete