Thursday, May 7, 2009

Day 28- Prayer of Thanksgiving

Yesterday was a rather challenging day from having little energy to being stretched beyond the norm. As a result, my reactions to matters were ungodly and not noteworthy of repeating in the future. The feeling of shame came but I remembered that God has already forgiven me. So I have another reason to show God why I am so thankful for who He is and what He has done in my life. This period of fasting and praying has shown me a lot about myself. I pray that it has done the same for you.

1 comment:

  1. As we come toward the end of this fast I am reminded of how God honors completion. I know this because when my wife and I first started this fast and prayer we were honestly headed for a divorce. But we both love God and knew the power of God so we took a chance and trusted the Lord. Now we have been renewed and restored. Our love for God and one another has grown infinitely. We are closer now than we ever were in our previous six years of marriage. We have come to the decision that not only are we NOT getting a divorce but we would like to renew our vows. So to God and EBC thank you for the provision and the vision of our pastor. This really saved our marriage and ultimately our lives!

    ReplyDelete